Tag Archives | George Kessler

Historic Park Entrance Postcard

Our Treasured Oasis: Preparing for the Hermann Park Centennial

Houston’s Hermann Park has been a treasured oasis of green and blue in the heart of the city since its opening nearly a century ago. George H. Hermann, industrialist, real estate investor, and one of Houston’s first park commissioners, donated land for the park in June 1914, and his estate bequeathed additional acreage upon his […]

Continue Reading

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes

UA-47366608-1